On Nov. 30, 2012, the University Place Conference Center and Hotel will begin the transformation into a multi-use facility including student housing, a dining hall and classroom space – all critical needs of the IUPUI campus as expressed by faculty, staff, students and administrators.
- Recent Updates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- University Place Conversion Presentation
- Campus visionary is the force behind naming of IUPUI academic building, Dec. 13, 2012
- University Place Conference Center and Hotel will soon undergo a transformation, April 27, 2012
Impact on IUPUI
- The facility will provide 560 beds for student housing, the campus's first dining hall, 15 additional classroom spaces and 386 additional parking spaces
- Increasing the amount of student housing on campus and creating a dining facility will significantly impact student life on campus; students who live on campus have shown to have higher retention rates and grade point averages
- Construction will all be internal so there will be no disruption on the exterior of the building
All dates are best estimates and are subject to change at any time due to construction and other factors.
|December||Construction of the dining facility will begin; residential rooms will be modified for student housing|
|January||Classroom spaces will become part of general classroom inventory|
|Summer||Dining hall operational|
|Fall||Residents move in|